Launching a successful IPTV/OTT video streaming service means considering numerous variables.
Building your OTT service comes at a cost. From a financial standpoint, a content provider needs budgets for marketing, content creation, and operational costs. Naturally, it can take a substantial amount of time to create a successful video streaming service.
One possible shortcut is to find a white-label solution. The right one can save you time and also help your OTT video streaming business stay profitable.
But let’s explore the ins and outs of OTT apps, what they offer, and how you can build your own OTT application.
Table of Contents
- What is an OTT App?
- What are the Benefits of OTT Apps?
- How to Create an OTT App?
- Benefits of Using a White-Label Streaming Service
- No Headaches, More Money with Setplex
What is an OTT App?
An OTT app, or over-the-top application, delivers video content to end-users’ devices, including smartphones, tablets, and Smart TVs, via the internet, rather than more traditional transmission methods like cable or satellite.
Viewers can watch videos and live streams on any of their preferred devices whenever and wherever they choose, thanks to OTT apps.
OTT applications solve the problems of both a business and a consumer: viewers want to watch their favorite videos anytime, anywhere they want, while businesses reach more people through OTT apps.
What are the Benefits of OTT Apps?
Though OTT apps certainly come at a cost, these days they’re an essential part of a successful streaming platform. Here are just a few of the benefits:
- OTT apps increase content consumption
By offering your video content on multiple devices, you enable your audiences to consume more of it. For instance, customers can view videos on the go, regardless of their location.
Content consumption increases as viewers watch videos whenever it’s convenient for them or whenever they are in the mood for it. And ultimately, people view more videos and stay longer on the platform. And that’s thanks to OTT applications.
- OTT applications expand your user base
Launching an OTT app attracts new customers who are looking for video streaming services to subscribe to.
Who should have a video streaming service? Basically, businesses of any size interested in finding audiences for content, such as (but not limited to):
- Large media organizations which substantial catalogs
- Medium-sized production companies
- Small businesses with specialized content
Customers are switching to OTT video streaming platforms for more interesting, engaging, and personalized content than they see on traditional broadcast platforms.
OTT apps are a revenue-generating and user-attracting supplement to your video streaming website and a smart way of reaching a bigger audience.
- OTT applications let you connect with your viewers better
The more powerful OTT solutions offer tools that allow for personalization of a user experience, such as recommendation engines. These provide relevant recommendations based on an individual’s viewing history, which naturally encourages them to watch more content. This way, you can not only establish a deeper relationship with a viewer, but also get a valuable insight into a viewer’s preferences and interests.
How to Create an OTT App?
When adding an OTT application to your service, you need to make an important decision first: to develop an app on your own or obtain a white-label OTT solution.
Designing your own OTT app isn’t an insurmountable goal, but it can be expensive and time-consuming, especially if you don’t have an existing, in-house software development infrastructure. At the very least, you will need to hire designers, developers, QA engineers, and managers. And that’s on top of the costs of creating or acquiring content to deliver to viewers.
In many cases, an attractive alternative to building an OTT application from the ground up is to find a white-label streaming service.
The right OTT company, one that specializes in white-label OTT application development, takes care of your business for you. They provide you with software, hardware, and (maybe most importantly) the experience & expertise needed for a successful launch. That way, you only have to worry about the content you will stream.
The right white-label OTT app will offer customization options such as including your own brand logos, brand-consistent color schemes, and user personalization elements. And the right OTT application has built-in analytics, allowing you to track various aspects of your streaming service. It will give you a clear overview of what is working well on the platform and what could be done better.
Benefits of Using a White-Label Streaming Service
Obtaining a white-label OTT solution provides many benefits. We have already mentioned a few, but let’s review:
- Monetization. White-label OTT applications have several options, such as ad-supported content, subscriptions, or pay-per-view content.
- Customization. A white-label OTT solution gives you a bespoke design and choice of layout elements to create a solid brand experience for your customers.
- Control over the content. You can publish any type of content and control access to it with a white-label streaming service.
- Built-in analytics. White-label solution providers embed multiple features to manage and improve your video streaming service. Analytics are key to enhancing the performance of your service and growing your audience.
- User engagement features. Companies developing a white-label OTT application should implement features to encourage viewers to dive deeper into your content. One key feature would be a recommendation engine, contributing to a better user experience and working towards the user spending more time watching your content.
- Security. OTT companies are familiar with many of the typical issues a video streaming business may encounter. This is why they have prepared measures to protect your content from unauthorized access.
- Content management system (CMS). A white-label solution provider can offer you a content management system. Use it to keep your content organized and easily navigable for users.
A white-label streaming service has undeniable benefits. Setplex is proud to be at the forefront of the industry and will be happy to guide you all the way through your endeavor with an OTT app.
Setplex prioritizes functions and features that ensure a smooth workflow and user experience. Start running your video streaming platform and monetizing content right away with our white-label OTT solution.
No Headaches, More Money with Setplex
Smart companies are always looking for opportunities to cut expenses and increase revenue. But building an OTT application on your own is expensive and time-consuming.
Utilizing a white-label OTT solution is a simpler and cost-effective way to deliver video content to your viewers.
Contact Setplex to monetize your content from the very beginning.